Andrew Neil wrote:
I've used a mac for a couple of years now. Until I found Lilypond, I'd never felt the need to dip into the Terminal. Now I'm keen to make use of some features of Lilypond which seem to be accessible only from the terminal, such as midi2ly. I'd really appreciate a little help in getting started.
The readme says "Put the lilypond.sh script somewhere in your path, eg.
$ cp lilypond.sh /usr/local/bin/lilypond"

I have carried out this command, but I'm not sure if that is in my path. The following command and output make me wonder:

$ echo $PATH
/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple- darwin-current

Good point. MacOS X doesn't include /usr/local/bin/ in the path.

Add the following line to ~/.profile

  export PATH="/usr/local/bin/:$PATH"

--
 Han-Wen Nienhuys - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen