Nahum Wengrov wrote:

Is there a known bug in Notepad concerning UTF-8, or is it UTF-8 encoding incompatible with Lilypond?
On the contrary, LilyPond only knows about UTF-8, since version 2.6.0, see the manual.

I was asking if Notepad's UTF-8 encoding is incompatible with Lilypond.

I have only tried it with characters such as åäöÅÄÖßü, that
are also included in Latin1, but for those it has worked
excellently.

Thanks, I'm already using Notepad2 for files having unicode. Seems not to be
working well with Hebrew though.

That might rather have something to do with the font
handling. If you search the mailing list archives, you
will find a number of emails related to Hebrew lyrics,
hopefully you can find some more hints there.

 /Mats