Ted Walther wrote:

I'm using the Devnull trick mentioned by Mats Bengtsson, referenced in
this post:

     http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2006-06/msg00177.html

I am using lilypond version 2.9.17.

The lyrics should follow the soprano melody.  And they do, but I notice
that lyricsto isn't centering the words below the notes.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

It's certainly the same problem that was mentioned in the email
you referenced earlier, namely that it doesn't set
associatedVoice to the printed voice (with the DevNull trick
the lyrics is associated with a voice that's never printed).
Unfortunately, the centering of the lyrics is done relative to
the associated voice as far as I know.

  /Mats