> > I wonder why fret-diagrams aren't treated more like note objects.> > No
> > idea.> > I wonder why fret-diagrams aren't treated more like note objects.>
> > > No idea.

IIRC, the fret diagrams are markups, so they are treated as simply text.

> > I'm sure there must be good reasons> > Don't be so sure! ;-)LOL!  But
> > considering how complex a process creating musical notation is, I find it
> > amazing that LP does what it does.  As a programmer by day it's method fits
> > well into my thought processes, and yes you have to kludge a few things to
> > get what you want.

I read a lot of jazzers and rockers having issues getting where they need to
be, but I think that's just a factor of rock and jazz being somewhat
non-standard compared to chamber music or choral music.  It seems that LP is
more "geared" to "Classical" music to some users, especially if they are (like
me) coming from a more jazz/rock perspective, but I think that's really just
because standard notation is more geared to "classical" music.  Sure, not being
able to put guitar inflections in tab is a hinderence, but tab is itself a
crappy notation format IMO.  The times where I've had a need to use tab I'd
rather use it as an adjunct to standard notation - not enough rockers can read
music and I feel it one of my crusades in life to try and change that! :-)

Personally, I create really nice lead sheets and piano scores very easily using
LP, and I am grateful for this program for allowing me to unleash the
creativity that was stuck in me for a quarter century.  And as an aside, the
ability to create midi files based on what I write has opened up the ability to
create great demos of the songs I write.  Sure it's work, but for the effort my
band put in to create 2 original pieces, I have created another 8 with a lot
less work, and have the scores to boot!

So when you think that it's "a lot of work" to cobb something in LP, just think
of how hard it used to be when all we had was a pencil and some stave paper!