Thanks Ole!  I knew there was an easy way to do this.  A good example of how to
take a negative (accidentally hosing a file) and turn into a positive (learn a
new useful trick)!

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Re: Alter music part by a full octaveDate: Sun, 9 Sep
2007 16:16:38 +0200To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; lilypond-user@gnu.org

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/user/lilypond/Transpose#Transpose

hope that helps

ole

Am 09.09.2007 um 15:49 schrieb Ed Ardzinski:
I accidentally over wrote one of my pieces the other day, but fortunately had
the drum part in a separate file and a previous version that was only missing a
few small details.  I had a PDF of the file I killed, so it was easy enough to
get the version I lost back. Except one small point.  Being primarily a bass
player the written part is an octave up from what is really heard.  As I often
put my parts into a MIDI representation I apparently manually lowered the bass
part in this piece by an octave.  Actually, this has been a little bit of a
drag for all my pieces - I suspect there is a way to do this with a little bit
of code.  If someone could point me to the part of the documentation that
describes how to do this I'd be grateful. BTW, I'm still using v2.6.5 Thanks!

More photos; more messages; more whatever – Get MORE with Windows Live™
Hotmail®. NOW with 5GB storage. Get more!