2007/11/24, Roger and Myra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I often download music from CPDL and other places.
> Sometimes, the music is available as LilyPad as well as midi & PDF.
> I downloaded the LilyPad program so I could get music in a form
> where I can transpose, extract parts etc., but I can't make it go!
> When I click on "LilyPad" after a score I want, I get a bunch of
> text.  Is that normal?  If so, then what?

This text is your music, coded in a form (called LilyPond input
language, not LilyPad) that the LilyPond program itself compiles into
the PDF and MIDI forms.

In theory you could save the file with a ".ly" extension and make
LilyPond to process it. If you want to learn the language, please read
carefully the tutorials and other documentation in the lilypond.org
website, and you'll certainly be able to do whatever you want with
these scores. Ask here for further clarifying.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org