On Feb 9, 2008 2:34 PM, Kieren MacMillan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi Trevor,
>
> > You ever have the "tr." parts of your trill spanners start showing
> > up too far to the left?
> > [...] Ever seen this one before?
>
> Yes!
>
> Unfortunately, like your case, mine were in the middle of a large
> score -- the chamber opera I wrote last year -- and so I never got
> around to isolating a minimal bug-snippet-example.

I've found it: strick trill spanners on to some notes in staff 1; then add a
second staff within a grand staff or piano staff or staff group or some
other containing structure so that staves 1 & 2 are now contained together;
trill spanners will be fine at this point; BUT THEN add some fat dynamics to
notes *in staff 2* (yes, this is utterly bizarre); and guess what? The trill
spanners in the staff will move to the left to align with the dynamics
sitting on notes in staff 2!

I'll post a minimal snippet and request an ID from Valentin after lunch.

(This is truly bizarre -- first one I've seen with what might be called
"context-interference".)

Kieren, if you have a copy of the chamber opera handy, could you check and
see if your too-far-left trill spanners are, in fact, sitting inside a staff
group and adjusting relative to dynamics in remote staves within that group?
Just a quick visual check?

--
Trevor Bača
[EMAIL PROTECTED]