Hi, All -

I'm currently working on rewriting Repeats in the Notation Reference,
and I don't care for the existing structure. Currently, it looks like
this:

1.4 Repeats
                1.4.1 Writing repeats
                                1.4.1.1 Repeat syntax
                                1.4.1.2 Normal repeats
                                1.4.1.3 Manual repeat commands
                1.4.2 Other repeats
                                1.4.2.1 Tremolo repeats
                                1.4.2.2 Measure repeats

However, since Repeat syntax discusses the common syntax for all the
repeats, it would seem to make more sense to take it  out of the section
dealing with normal. I'd like to suggest:

1.4 Repeats
                1.4.1 Repeat syntax
                                1.4.1.1 Repeat syntax and types of
repeats
                                (introduction of the syntactic
construct)
                                (following types of repetition are
supported . . .)
                1.4.2 Writing repeats
                                1.4.2.1 Normal repeats (I'd prefer a
better term than "normal")
                                1.4.2.2 Manual repeat commands
                                1.4.2.3 Tremolo repeats
                                1.4.2.4 Measure repeats

It might also make sense to split 1.4.1.1 into 1.4.1.1 Repeat syntax,
followed by 1.4.1.2 Types of repeats supported.

Comments, please?

Ralph