Actually I need colored dynamics, including hairpins, but I thought
"colored hairpins" sounds like something you find at a beauty salon and
not in software!

I was trying to find in the user manual (NR) a color property for dynamics
(\f, \cr, \cresc, etc.) but there doesn't seem to be any. I can color
noteheads, stems, bar lines, staff lines, and text. Is that everything?
I want to make some dynamics a different color to indicate that they are
not in the original part. Did I miss something, or is there a way to do it
with Scheme? I would settle for doing it with a text spanner as well, but
I can't see that there's a color property for those either.

Tim Reeves