I'm creating a separate staff for time signatures using the method
described in LSR272 [1]. It works well, except for the case where any
voice has a clef change at a barline. Then the time signature centre
aligns itself with the left edge of the clef instead of the barline.
This can be fixed by setting the break-align-symbol to staff-bar instead
of false, but then the time signature seems to reserve extra space
between the clef and the barline, pushing the clef to the left too far.

Any ideas to get around this? I'm using 2.11.49.

1. http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=272

--
Mark Knoop
\layout{
 \context {
   \type "Engraver_group"
   \consists "Time_signature_engraver"
   \consists "Axis_group_engraver"
   \name "TimeSig"
   \override TimeSignature #'font-size = #3
   \override TimeSignature #'break-align-symbol = ##f
   \override TimeSignature #'X-offset =
   #ly:self-alignment-interface::x-aligned-on-self
   \override TimeSignature #'self-alignment-X = #0
   \override TimeSignature #'after-line-breaking = #shift-right-at-line-begin
 }
 \context {
   \Score \accepts TimeSig
 }
 \context { \Staff
   \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
 }
 ragged-right = ##f
}

timeSignatures = {
    \time 2/4 s2
    \time 3/4 s2.
    \override TimeSig.TimeSignature #'break-align-symbol = #'staff-bar
    \time 4/4 s1 }

\score {
  << \new TimeSig \timeSignatures
     \new Staff \relative { c'2 \clef tenor c2. \clef treble c1 }
     \new Staff { a2 a2. a1}