I have a Mac 10.4. I downloaded lilypond and I am able to typeset files and
turn them into MIDI files.
I have come to a dead stop in trying to produce lilypond files from MIDI
files. I tried to invoke midi2ly as instructed in the manual:

"

*midi2ly translates a Type 1 MIDI file to a LilyPond source file. *

*MIDI (Music Instrument Digital Interface) is a standard for digital
instruments: it specifies cabling, a serial protocol and a file format. The
MIDI file format is a de facto standard format for exporting music from
other programs, so this capability may come in useful when importing files
from a program that has a converter for a direct format. *

*midi2ly converts tracks into
**Staff*<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond-internals/Staff#Staff>
* and channels into
**Voice*<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond-internals/Voice#Voice>
* contexts. Relative mode is used for pitches, durations are only written
when necessary.* "
The command line tells me: *No such file or directory*. The version I
downloaded is: 2.10.33-1. It downloaded easily just by clicking in the GUI.
Should I have downloaded it through the command line in order to get
midi2ly, and other xxxxly conversion files?

Rafael
γγγ