I find this confusing, so many cloned menus, furthermore when they _do
not_ bring you directly to the LilyPondTool options.

Also the name is not consistent. Multiple names LilyPondTool,
LilyTool, Lily4jEdit, are confusing for novices.

Bertalan: when you have the time, please put some order on this all.
At least for me as a teacher, I always have to explain all these
inconsistencies so that my pupils do not get lost.

Yes. All of that is true. Unfortunately my original name was not too good. I could hardly change that because, sourceforge doesn't allow changing the name from lily4jedit, and I don't want to change the package and class names from LilyTool to LilyPondTool.
But regarding the menus it would not be very hard to make it consistent.