Am 09.04.2009 um 11:58 schrieb -Eluze:

James E. Bailey-3 wrote:

I want to move lyrics closer to each other. I've tried \layout
{\context { \Lyrics \override #'baseline-skip = #-55 } } and it's not
working for me. I'm sure I've just got the wrong context somewhere.
Can someone point me to the right way?

\context Lyrics \with {
   \override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(0 . 0)
   }

… or play around with those numbers!

i am not quite certain about where - in which context(s) - you have to place
it to make it effective in every stanza

VerticalAxisGroup, as far as I understand it, moves the staves closer together, and with it, the lyrics closer to the staves. I want to move the lines of words closer to one another, effectively bringing the baselines up so that the four stanzas are closer to one another.

James E. Bailey