Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Hi Helge,

thanks for hint to TextSpanner. I suspect ottava brackets to use TextSpanner.
;-)

Clever... but too complicated in this case!  =)

I read the manual and searched at LSR. The sample in LSR looks
promisingly. But I don't get the expected results:
1) The text is missing.

The LSR example is outdated -- the syntax for TextSpanner has changed. In
particular, you should use

    \override TextSpanner #'(bound-details left text) = "Pincé"

Read the manual section on TextSpanners for more information.

2) The falling edge at the end is missing.

I don't know this one off the top of my head -- perhaps the manual or another
list member will help?

My bad, I used an old documentation! Updated to new docs incl. lilypond-snippets.pdf and found, that the ending edge must be drawn. The complete example is attached.

Regards,
Helge

#(ly:set-option 'point-and-click #f)
\version "2.13.0"
\include "deutsch.ly"
\relative c' {
	\clef treble
	\time 2/4
	\key f \major

	\override TextSpanner #'(bound-details left text) = "Pincé"
	\override TextSpanner #'dash-period = #1
	\override TextSpanner #'dash-fraction = #0.5
	\override TextSpanner #'(bound-details right text) =
		\markup { \draw-line #'(0 . -1) }

  	d8 \startTextSpan e f d |
	f8 g a d \stopTextSpan |
	\revert TextSpanner #'style