> BTW, have you (Lilypond community) ever thought about recording some
> *screencasts*?
> This is the way how many people learn using a program and, even though you
> might think this could work just with graphics or video software, I guess it
> may work for lilypond as well.. (at least for new users)

I like this idea.  I've thought about doing a podcast about Lilypond, but
then ran into the problem that it would really need to be a screencast for
it to do any good, and I don't have time to learn how to do screencasts.

Also, can you improve any examples?  I mean, the Goyescas /
>> Granados example and Cary / Baca examples look *wicked awesome*.
>> In contrast, the tablature example bores me to tears, the vocal
>> music example is probably missing a / accent in "trou-ve", etc.
>>

> I'd be really glad to help with the tablature example.
> I think a modern piece would be better in this case, as tablature are used
> by modern guitarists.
> What about a Scott Joplin ragtime arranged for guitar? (it is in the public
> domain)
>
> I guess a good example should show the best features of tablature support
> in Lilypond.. There are any other requirements?

That'd be great, Federico. I think there's still a big ugly blinking "help!"
thing by the tablature example, so I'd be glad to have a different example.

BTW the vocal example is a motet that I transcribed from a medieval
manuscript facsimile, and I'll be happy to check if there's a missing
accent, but I'm pretty sure it's correct (according to Medieval French
anyway).  I'll check when I get back home, though. Right now I'm in NY on
vacation.

Jon

--
Jonathan Kulp