AFAIK to put an image on a web-page, I need a bitmap, not a .pdf.  I can't find
any reference to .png in any of the docs.  So far I've been using
alt-printScreen and Paint to produce .png files.  While this sort of works, I'm
not getting the best output that Lilypond can deliver, due to minor
inconsistencies in barline width and notehead placement. I would prefer to get
this right, since I state on the website that I'm using Lilypond for score
creation.  What should I be doing to place a Lilypond score on my webpages?

Thanks for any help,
Gerard