Dear Robin,

On 09.09.2009, at 00:08, Robin Bannister wrote:
Torsten Anders wrote:
Lilypond does not know about multiple-sign accidentals, so I
somehow have to create more horizontal space for these manually.

The following code tries to adjust this spacing automatically.

Thank you very very much for your help! The output is now almost
perfect as you can see see in the two examples below. The much
improved spacing of the first example is solely due to the code you
suggested.

<<inline: HE-Lily-example.png>>

The second example presents a harmonic progression (in 13-limit just
intonation). (The only tweak I did here is moving one of the
accidentals for nominal b in bar 4 forward). Never mind the wrong
placement of voices here...

<<inline: HE-Lily-chordProgression.png>>

BTW: the same progression including sound is available in Sagittal
notation (a conceptually closely related notation) at

   http://users.bigpond.net.au/d.keenan/sagittal/exmp/index.htm

Now, there is only a minor flaw now: the distance between a note and
the related accidentals is rather big. In fact, accidentals are more
close to the preceding note than the note they belong to.

Does anyone perhaps have an idea how to fix this in order to make this
notation perfect :)

Best
Torsten

PS: I attach the source of the examples above to the next mail: mails
with multiple attachments seem to be delayed by many hours...