2009/10/19 grisu_76 <christian.hum...@univie.ac.at>:

> now I've got the problem that the flat-sign changes the Y-position of the
> numbers; I suppose that is beause the flat-sign uses more space above; see
> example:

I think you mean the natural sign: it's taller than the flat, so it
sticks out at the top when combined with larger font sizes.

> does anyone has an idea to change the translation-functions.scm to lower
> only the flat-sign when it has a number?

As a quick hack (untested; might have other side-effects in real-world
examples), you could reduce the Y-extent of the accidental markup.

Add this to define-markup-commands.scm:

(define-builtin-markup-command (with-y-dim layout props y arg)
  (number-pair? markup?)
  other
  ()
  "Set the vertical extent of @var{arg} to @var{y} and use the
default extent horizontally."
  (let* ((m (interpret-markup layout props arg))
         (x-ext (ly:stencil-extent m X)))
    (ly:make-stencil (ly:stencil-expr m) x-ext y)))

Change this line in format-bass-figure,

#:pad-x 0.2 alt-markup

to this:

#:pad-x 0.2 #:with-y-dim '(0 . 1.5) alt-markup

> by the way: after a while of playing with that, I wounder if the second
> parameter has no? effect on the fontsize..?

If you mean the second digit (next to the parenthesis), then it's used
to set the fontsize of double sharps.

Regards,
Neil