This is a heads up for those like Bert and Wilbert who write editing support environments for Lilypond.

I currently have a patch in for review which will allow Lily to redirect the backend output to another file for particular \book blocks. Currently you do this by setting environment variables like output-suffix.

I've noticed that LilypondTool and Frescobaldi can get fooled using their internal pdf viewers about where the successfully compiled output is.

I wonder if you editor guys can take an enhancement to make your PDF viewers sensitive to the code writing the final format to a different file name?

Tracker no is 836, Patch code is at http://codereview.appspot.com/143055/show if you want to see what's there.

Hope this helps you to keep your Lilypond layered projects ready for 2.14. (If my patch gets through, that is).

Cheers,
Ian