----- Original Message ----- From: "-Eluze" <elu...@gmail.com>
To: <lilypond-user@gnu.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2010 2:19 PM
Subject: Re: Acciaccatura with glissando

phil.burfitt wrote:

Anyone known how can I produce an acciaccatura with a glissando rather
than
a slur ?

you could use a \grace instead, and if you need the stroked stem you can add
that style:

{
 \once \override Glissando #'minimum-length   = #5
 \once \override Glissando #'springs-and-rods =
#ly:spanner::set-spacing-rods
 \once \override Stem #'stroke-style = #"grace"
 \grace a''16 \glissando c'''4

Hi Eluze,

Thanks, that gives a visible glissando, but unfortunately distances the
grace note too much. If glissando minimum-length is set to anything less
than 3, it disappears!

I've found the problem is padding on either side of glissando. Using...
\once \override Glissando #'bound-details = #'((right (padding . 0)) (left (padding . 0)))
removes any padding.

The following solution (thanks to your ideas) gives me an acceptable
solution, including moving the glissando below the grace and main note...

\once \override Slur #'transparent = ##t
\once \override Glissando #'bound-details = #'((right (padding . 0)) (left
(padding . 0)))
\once \override Glissando #'extra-offset = #'(0 . -1)
\acciaccatura a8\glissando d4

I would have thought grace notes with glissando instead of slur would have
been an available user option, as they are quite common in guitar music.

Cheers.
Phil.