  From: 胡海鹏 - Hu Haipeng
  To: lilypond-user
  Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 11:43 PM
  Subject: what staff size should I use?

  Hello,
    I'm coming near the big coda of the overture while Lilypond always gives
warning about various issues. If I use 2.13.24 and set the global staff size to
9, a warning about cresc too small is given, but that cresc is very long
spanning several chords. If use 2.13.27, more such warnings plus a "couldn't
fit music on page" are given. I still use 2.13.24, so please tell me what size
I should use and how to get rid of the warnings. I'd like Lilypond itself to
determine this when writing orchestral music with different hights of systems
on different pages, otherwise I have to use full systems instead of French
Score. Again, "mydefs.ly" has no problem, but you can check the global paper
settings at the beginning..
  Regards
  Haipeng