In my installation, Lilypond runtime seems to increase exponentially (at
least not linearly) with the number of pages to engrave. Is there any option
to speed up Lilypond, e.g. by removing time-consuming engravers, such that
the performance only increases (almost) linearly with the number of pages?

I know about the skipTypesetting and showLastLength options, but I want to
engrave the entire piece, no matter if the typesetting quality was slightly
impaired.

I have attached some of the data I collected to measure Lilypond
performance:

#pages          1       2       3       4       5       6       7       8
9       10      20
runtime (s)             3,4     7       12,5    19,6    27,4    37,9    48,5
62      77      100     445

Thanks for any hints...