On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 3:34 PM, craigbakalian
<craigbakal...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Why don't you make your app free?  What is the point of charging money
> for anything, especially in the USA where money is taking on a whole new
> meaning?

Could we please stop mixing up "commercial" and "proprietary"
software? Releasing a program under GPL terms has never prevented
anyone from making money with it.
See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/selling.html

However, as James pointed out, the Apple AppStore® is (deliberately)
incompatible with the GPL license (and most free-software licences for
that matter), no matter whether you distribute your app free of charge
or not. This really has nothing to do with money.

Cheers,
Valentin.