I have a piece that I need to use the markups for, but currently it is
stretching the measures "way" too much, and I am not sure what to do about
it. Any help would be appreciated.

--
In Christ,
Michael D

\header {
  title = "Horologion ~ The Divine Liturgy"
  subtitle = "The Dismissal"
  poet = "Common Court Chant Variant"
}

global = {
  \key f \major
  \override Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f
  \override Staff.BarLine #'stencil = ##f
}
move = { \bar "" \break }
soprano = \relative c'' {
  \global
  % Music follows here.
  f,2
  ^\markup {\italic \tiny "The blessing of the Lord ..." }
  f1 \finalis

  f4
  ^\markup {\italic \tiny "Glory to Thee, O Christ God ..." }
  f f g a a a a a a a a a a a a a \divisioMinima
  a4 a a a a a a a a g a2 a4 a a2 \divisioMaior
  f4 g a a a a a a a g a2 a1 \divisioMaxima
  bf2 a4(g) f1 \finalis
}

alto = \relative c' {
  \global
  % Music follows here.
  f2 f1 \finalis

  f4 f f e f f f f f f f f f f f f f \divisioMinima
  f4 f f f f f f f f e f2 f4 f f2 \divisioMaior
  f4 e f f f f f f f c f2 f1 \divisioMaxima
  bf,2 c2 f1 \finalis
}

tenor = \relative c' {
  \global
  % Music follows here.
  f,2 f1 \finalis

  f4 f f g a a a a a a a a a a a a a \divisioMinima
  a4 a a a a a a a a g a2 a4 a a2 \divisioMaior
  f4 g a a a a a a a g a2 a1 \divisioMaxima
  bf2 a4(g) f1 \finalis
}

bass = \relative c {
  \global
  % Music follows here.
  f2 f1 \finalis

  f4 f f e f f f f f f f f f f f f f \divisioMinima
  f4 f f f f f f f f e f2 f4 f f2 \divisioMaior
  f4 e f f f f f f f c f2 f1 \divisioMaxima
  bf,2 c2 f1 \finalis
}

verse = \lyricmode {
  % Lyrics follow here.
  A -- men.

  Glor -- y to the Fa -- ther, and to the Son, and to the
    Ho -- ly Spir -- it;
  now and ev -- er, and un -- to a -- ges
  \override LyricHyphen #'minimum-distance = #1.6
  of a -- ges. A -- men.
  Lord, have mer -- cy.
  Lord, have mer -- cy.
  Lord, have mer -- cy.
  O Lord, bless!
}

\score {
  \new ChoirStaff <<
    \new Staff \with {
      midiInstrument = " string ensemble 1 "
      instrumentName = \markup \center-column { "S" "A" }
    } <<
      \new Voice = "soprano" { \voiceOne \soprano }
      \new Voice = "alto" { \voiceTwo \alto }

    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "soprano" \verse
    \new Staff \with {
      midiInstrument = " string ensemble 1 "
      instrumentName = \markup \center-column { "T" "B" }
    } <<
      \clef bass
      \new Voice = "tenor" { \voiceOne \tenor }
      \new Voice = "bass" { \voiceTwo \bass }

  \layout { ragged-last=##f }
  \midi {
    \context {
      \Score
      tempoWholesPerMinute = #(ly:make-moment 120 4)