On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 7:21 AM, Patrick Schmidt <p.l.schm...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> nice work! I just think that the name modal transposition is a little
> misleading in this case.

Thanks, Patrick! I agree that the name may be confusing.  I considered
calling it something like \scalarImitation, since that's also
musically correct description of what it does.

FWIW, if you wanted to recast a passage in C-major to c-minor
(aeolian) you could use it this way:

cAeolian = { a b c d e f g }
\transpose a c \modalTranspose c a \cAeolian \somemusic

provided, of course, that \somemusic contained only notes in the key of C.

I'm pressed for time today, but will try to give a more thoughtful
reply to the other points in your message this evening.  Perhaps some
others on the list will weigh in with more suggestions in the
meantime.

Cheers,
Mike