Hi everyone,

I have a question about figured bass/continuo that's been bugging me for a
while now.

Lilypond always puts the continuo figures too far from the staff for my
taste. When I use an "\override BassFigure #'extra-offset" command, the
figures get closer but of course they start bumping into things. What I want
is to be able to tell Lilypond to put the figures a minimum distance from
the lower limit of the staff, or if the bass note is below the staff, a
minimum distance from the bass note.

Does anybody know what code would achieve this effect? I'd really appreciate
any help.

Many thanks,

Brent.