2011/3/23 Francisco Vila <paconet....@gmail.com>:
> 2011/3/23 胡海鹏 - Hu Haipeng <hhpmu...@163.com>:
>> Hello Francisco,
>>   Does this work? I can't know it from my pdf reder's txt conversion. Or
>> must I x-offset the instr name of grand staff to -1 or -2?
>
> In your score you need \paper{ left-margin=1.5\cm } as a minimum,
> otherwise shortInstrumentNames run out of the page.
>
> As for the clash, I find very difficult to decide what to do here.
> The standard place for both names is where they currently are, what is
> extraordinary is to have an odd amount of staves with names in a group
> that has also a name.  For a textual schematic mind-diagram (not
> music) I'd put the brace with its name at the left end, then names of
> sub concepts at the right side of the brace. Maybe what you need is a
> generous left margin together with a big padding for the brace, enoguh
> for staff names to fit at its right side, all bracketed by the brace,
> hope I'm explaining well.

Well.  I come with a way of avoiding the clash for an odd number of
staves in a group.  Here you can adjust X-offset and Y-offset freely.
I have put 1 for group instrumentname and -1 for individual staves
instrumentname in Y-offset.  It's attached.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com

grpnamesettings = \with {
  \override InstrumentName #'Y-offset = #(lambda (grob) (+ (system-start-text::calc-y-offset grob) 1))
  \override InstrumentName #'X-offset = #(lambda (grob) (+ (system-start-text::calc-x-offset grob) 0))
  }

instrnamesettings = \with {
  \override InstrumentName #'Y-offset = #(lambda (grob) (+ (system-start-text::calc-y-offset grob) -1))
  \override InstrumentName #'X-offset = #(lambda (grob) (+ (system-start-text::calc-x-offset grob) 0))
  }

\new GrandStaff \with { instrumentName = "Percussion I"
		      shortInstrumentName = "Perc1"
		      \grpnamesettings
	      }
<<
    \new Staff \with { instrumentName =  "One"
      shortInstrumentName = "1"
      \instrnamesettings
    }
    { s1 \break s1 }

    \new Staff  \with { instrumentName = "Two"
      shortInstrumentName = "2"
      \instrnamesettings
    }
    { s1 \break s1 }

    \new Staff \with { instrumentName = "Three"
      shortInstrumentName = "3"
      \instrnamesettings
    }
    { s1 \break s1 }