Greetings All,
I have been trying to adjust the vertical position of lyrics in a simple song. The default position places the lyrics just a little too close to descending stems, in my opnion.
I want to move the lyrics down about half their height.
Hopefully, the attached .ly file with its embedded comments, will show what I have done. Is there a better, more concise, and obvious way of moving lyrics up or down while retaining the ability of LP to adjust the positions of staves etc., to compensate for those adjustments? (Using lyrictextoffset doesn't seem to allow this)
...and Yes! I have read the Manuals! :)
Any help, and comments, would be much appreciated.
Regards
Bill
\version "2.14.1"
\header
{
title = "Lyrics Spacing Test"
 }

\paper
{
#(set-paper-size "a4" )
line-width = 165\mm

% %{ Commenting out the system-system spacing definition here affects the overall appearance
% of the page - particularly the spacing of the Lyrics from the staves - but, leaving it 'in',
% with the values set to 1 allows the Lyrics in the second score to move down a little, as desired.
system-system-spacing =
#'((basic-distance . 1)
(minimum-distance . 1)
(padding . 1)
(stretchability . 0))
%}
 }

global =
{
\key c \major
\override Staff.TimeSignature #'style = #'()
\time 4/4
}

Music = \relative c'

{
\tempo 4 = 120
\autoBeamOff
\partial 8 d8^\ppp
e4 e4 c4. d8 \break
e4 e4 c2
}

Words = \lyricmode {
"...aaand" One Two Three
"...aaand" One Two Three
}

\score {
	 \transpose c g

  <<

 \new Staff = voices
 \new Voice = voices {  \global \Music  }

 \context Lyrics = voices \lyricsto voices \Words

 \layout {  indent = 0 	}

	}

\score {
	 \transpose c g
  <<

 \new Staff = voices
 \new Voice = voices {  \global \Music  }

 \context Lyrics = voices \lyricsto voices \Words

 \layout { indent = 0
 %	 %{
 % The following is from p238 of the Notation Manual pdf
\context {
\Lyrics
\override VerticalAxisGroup #'staff-affinity = ##f
% "Setting staff-affinity to #f causes a non-staff line to be treated as a staff."
% (from NM p665) Query; should it be ##f?
\override VerticalAxisGroup #'staff-staff-spacing =
#'(  %Altering these values appears to have no effect on Lyrics position in this construct
(basic-distance . 0)
(minimum-distance . 0)
(padding . 0)
(stretchability . 0)
 )

	}

\context {
\Staff
\override VerticalAxisGroup #'staff-staff-spacing =
#'(
(basic-distance . 0)
(minimum-distance . 0)
(padding . 1) %Altering this affects the Lyrics vertical position
(stretchability . 0)
 )

 %}