As a rookie LilyPond programmer, I've found that the LilyPond files in the Mutopia Project are a treasure chest of LilyPond programming examples. However, many of those files are outdated and need to be updated (e.g., the obsolete \midi { tempo N = nnn }command). Using convert-ly I tried, without success, using the DOS ">" redirect command to store the conversion list output to a log file instead of to the screen ( e.g. convert-ly -e </filename/> >logfile.txt). DOS creates the log file okay, but the file is empty after the conversion is made. My question then, is there a command line argument for convert-ly to create a log file instead of dumping the conversion list to the screen?

Thanks and best regards,
Ken