Hi, I'm hoping this is a basic question with an easy answer:

I'd like to make some web pages with simple musical examples. I've studied the
relevant manual pages, but there seems to be some basic information taken for
granted in the explanations.

I put the example code from the manual into an html page in my text editor
(BBEdit),

<lilypond fragment relative=2>
\key c \minor c4 es g2
</lilypond>

but, of course, no music showed up when I previewed the page. What needs to
happen to get the music the show up? Is there some way I must "link" the editor
to LilyPond? Do I have to run a terminal command on the file (if so, what and
how)?

I have been successful in producing some nice LaTeX documents with
lilypond-book in TexShop, but that happens fairly seamlessly due to Nicola
Vitacolonna's engines.

I'm fairly new to html and can do a little in the terminal, but I'd like to
figure this out. What am I missing?

Thank you for any help. I'm using LilyPond 2.14.2 on a MacBook Pro running
10.6.8.

Christopher Berg
christopherberg.com
Christopher Berg's myspace page