Great thanks! I'm not getting those error messages anymore.

And is there a decent user's manual somewhere? I have *zero* experience
with jEdit (but lots with lilypond), and can't seem to figure out how to
get the background compiler working. Or anything, actually. Is there a nice
little set of instructions somewhere (open this, click here, click there)
for getting started?

Brent.