Nels,

On 7 December 2011 04:04, Nels Drue Daily <dailymusici...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm getting an error message when compiling my music:
> (UnicodeDecodeError:
> 'utf8' codec can't decode bytes in position 1022-1023:
> unexpected end of data)
> What does that mean?

Without some context or an example it may be hard to decipher. Do you have
a small example that this error shows up that you could share?

> It is also saying that it can't end slurs or that notes already have slurs.
> The partcombiner won't combine them. But it works with small examples.

This *could* be slurs that are part of \alternatives or similar. Again
without an example it is difficult to say for sure.

Oh and what version of Lilypond are you using?

James