On 2012.03.10., at 8:51, Siska Ádám wrote:
> On 2012.03.10., at 3:00, Nick Payne wrote:

>>> Dear Eluze,
>>>

>>> thank you for your reply. Attached please find two PNGs. The
>>> 'current_state.png' shows an example of the settings I'm using right now
>>> (with the note head coming a bit after the dashed barline) and
>>> 'what_i_need.png' would be the solution that I'm looking for (with the
>>> barline exactly on the first note of the measure, which I solved for now
>>> with some graphic apps, but of course, that's not a real solution).
>>
>> I don't know if it's of much use for your purposes, but you can use a
>> notehead glyph as a rehearsal mark, which positions it directly on the
>> barline:
>>
>> \relative c' {
>>   d4 d d d
>>   \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'extra-offset = #'(0 . -5.9)
>>   \mark\markup\normalsize { \musicglyph #"noteheads.s2" } d
>> }
>
> Dear Nick,
>
> thanks for this! Although in terms of musical-logic it is not a solution, but
> it looks exactly like what I need.
>
> Thanks,
> Ádám

Dear Nick,

I just realized that the solution is not as good as it seemed to be. It seems
that if I use a markup, the distance between subsequent crotchets won't be the
same, as the first crotchet of the measure (the one that is represented by the
markup) will be placed a little more left than it should be. So I need a
solution where the actual bar lines would move 'a bit to the right' in order to
be in sync with the first notehead in the measure.

Thanks,
Ádám