Am 11.05.2012 01:27, schrieb David Nalesnik:
Hi Harm,

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 6:00 PM, Thomas Morley <thomasmorle...@googlemail.com <mailto:thomasmorle...@googlemail.com>> wrote:

    2012/5/11 Thomas Morley <thomasmorle...@googlemail.com
    <mailto:thomasmorle...@googlemail.com>>:
    > Hi David,
    >
    > I thought a while about your function.
    > I'd like to suggest some changes. In the attached file you can see:
    >
    > - Elimination of `function' as argument of shape-curve and
    introducing
    > it as local variable.

I like this! I had thought of looking up the callback (as an alternative to passing it in), but hadn't found a way to do it. Nice!

    > - A new condition added in shape-curve at the siblings-variable:
    ly:spanner?

Right--otherwise overriding LaissezVibrerTie won't work.

    > - In the music-function I added a new variable to specify the grob.

Aha--I didn't realize you could drop the # in the latest versions. I like this too. Of course, if you want to stick with shapeSlur (and its ilk) you can define it like this:

shapeSlur =
#(define-music-function (parser location offsets) (list?)
  #{
\once \override Slur #'control-points = #(shape-curve offsets location)
  #})
I would prefer this one, although it needs a lot of individual functions be defined. But there should be no problem in defining the shapeXXX set of function parallel to a \shape XXX #'( version).

I hope I'll find the way how to update #(display-control-points) (from the other thread on bug-lilypond) so it works with the other curve types too.

Best
Urs

    > These give the advantage to define only one music-function.
    > Of course there is need to specify which grob should be applied.
    >
    > But now it works for all curves:
    >
    > Slur
    > PhrasingSlur
    > Tie
    > RepeatTie
    > LaissezVibrerTie
    >
    > I didn't test it very widly, but what do you think?

I like it all.

    Oops, forgot to delete the wrong version-number..
    Please switch to \version "2.15.36" or higher.

I don't have 2.14.2 up to test, but this all should work there provided you add the # before the string?

So:
\shape #"Slur" #'( ...

Thanks so much!

Best,