> > As Phil pointed out already, inserting a \p or \mf or any other dynamic
> > sign
> > should do the trick:
> >
> > c\mf c\> c c c\!

That takes care of the starting dynamic, but if we assume that a
decrescendo in MIDI should be a linear decrease in velocity values, it's
impossible to calculate without both the starting and ending dynamic.

Or has the logic been improved so that ending a decrescendo with \! now
guesses an ending dynamic that is somewhat softer by some invisibly
determined amount?

Just curious. I haven't used MIDI dynamics much, but I did notice warnings
about unknown ending dynamics when I had enabled MIDI output.

hjh