On 25 sept. 2012, at 13:25, michael.str...@boehringer-ingelheim.com wrote:

> Hi Mike,
> Thanks for your feedback. First i have to repeat one thing i already
> mentioned in my first mail. I know that some of these things are doable with
> lilypond, the problem is more the effort or the requested know how for
> implementation. And … all the developers of lilypond did a tremendous job J

You're right that it takes quite a lot.  It'd be nice to simplify this through
a set of macros for piano music, which we can discuss as these things get
developed.

> I would be glad to contribute to development on lilypond, but … as far as I
> read in the documentation lilypond is almost entirely written in scheme ( a
> lisp derivate to best of my knowledge .. I do not have any glue on lisp ;-)).
> But if those modules you mentioned for opening for override are C++, I could
> do programming J.

LilyPond's advanced user interface is all Scheme, but most of the problem's
you're identifying need low-level C++ work in addition to Scheme work.  I'll
contact you off-list to talk more about that, as it is a bit technical.

> Cheers
> Michael
>

> P.S.
> Thanks for your example for “tieing” from one Voice to another. I think this
> is a very good example for what I’m struggling with… because, you are
> tweaking here for the entire score ( putting the Tie-engraver from voice to
> the Staff context). I’d have a better feeling if it would be possible to do
> things like that on demand, or better at the very specific place in the score
> where it is needed ;-).

You're right.  This is the type of thing for which general functionality
(turning engravers on and off temporarily) can be written in C++.  It'd be
possible to do as well in Scheme for any given custom engraver, but this seems
like the type of feature that'd be nice to have for all engravers.

Cheers,
MS