> Message: 6
> Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 21:30:59 -0400
> From: "Keith N. McKenna" <keith.mcke...@comcast.net>
> To: lilypond-user@gnu.org
> Subject: Well there be improvements to Gregorian Chant?
>
> Good-day All;
>
> I have recently been experimenting with lilypond because it has some
> support for Gregorian Chant. The first thing that bit was was of course
> the problems with lyric alignment with ligatures. After perusing the
> archives or the list this seems to be an ongoing problem. My question is
> will there be more development in this area, and are there work arounds
> that are somewhat understandable for a non-programmer novice such as
> myself.
>
> Regards
> Keith

I don't want to sound too negative but I tried using Gregorian Chant in
Lilypond a few years ago and found that, other than the most basic chant,
it doesn't work very well at all. At that time there wasn't a great deal of
interest amongst the developers to work on this, which I fully understand
considering how huge Lilypond is and how many higher priorities there are.
I would very much like to hear that considerable work has been done to this
feature since I looked at it but, in the event that this is not the case,
you might be interested instead in looking at Gregorio (
http://home.gna.org/gregorio/), which is designed for only typesetting
Gregorian Chant.