Dear all,

I can't find how to display the total number of pages in a score as part of
the page header / footer.

I tried adding a "theLastPage" label at the end of my score but it
sometimes is off by one. I sadly cannot create a small snippet that
reproduces the off-by one ("page 4 of 3") problem.

Placing a label outside the last score block yields an unresolved label and
page reference.

For what it's worth, here's the stencil I'm currently using:

\paper {

oddHeaderMarkup = \markup \fill-line { \hspace #1 \concat { "page "
\fromproperty #'page:page-number-string " of " \page-ref #'theLastPage "0"
"?" } \hspace #1 }

}

evenHeaderMarkup = \oddHeaderMarkup
}