On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 12:52 PM, Federico Bruni <fedel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Il 02/01/2013 12:46, David Kastrup ha scritto:
>
>  \markup {
>>    \override #'(baseline-skip . 1)
>>    \override #'(line-width . 40)
>>    \justify {
>>      text text text text text text text text text text text text
>>      text text text text text text text text text text text text
>>      text text text text text text text text text text text text
>>      text text text text text text text text text text text text
>>    }
>> }
>>

> That's perfect!

There's one limitation though (and it does not feature in the
documentation): baseline-skip will find a compromise between the vertical
extent of text in the lines and the baseline-skip value, the bigger one
being used. This can result in irregular base line distances as illustrated
in the following snippet:

\markup {
  \override #'(baseline-skip . 1)
  \override #'(line-width . 4) \justify { The eee heh . . . . . . x x x x f
f f x x x f f f f f f j f f f f }
}

Look at the line spacing between the lines with dots, the lines with 'x' or
the 'tallest' lines with 'f' and 'j'.

You can make baseline-skip yield regular baseline intervals by making it as
big as to avoid these problems. The default value of 3 seems to yield
regular baseline intervals.

There is probably a way to specify "strict" base line spacings, but I
haven't found it yet.

Best regards,

Olivier