On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Phil Holmes <m...@philholmes.net> wrote:

> **
> This has been changed quite a bit in the development  version. Could you
> try with latest 2.17 and see whether you still have problems?

I just installed 2.17.11 on another computer (apparently it doesn't like to
be installed next to 2.16.2 and does not seem to work yet with Frescobaldi)
and I see that several problems I posted have disappeared. The fixes in
2.17.11 are a HUGE improvement!!!

I ran convert-ly on my source to upgrade the snippet to 2.17.11.

However,

1. Measures 3 & 7: accidentals and fingerings above / below the fingering
sometimes overlap - not a lot but some could find this objectionable. I can
live with the way it is rendered now.
2. Mesure 7 (up-left-down) still has two fingerings assigned to the same
notehead.

It looks like I can remove a number of fingering positioning tweaks I had
in my code, given the substantially improved "out of the box" fingering
rendering.

Best regards,

Olivier