Hey thanks for the help all of you have given. I'm writing the timpani
notes as if they are regular music. I tried a new staff but that failed,
probably my error lol! I read about the \drums thing but I don't quite
understand how it will work after the percussionMusic equals \relative c then
the key then timpani time sig and so forth. I understand the abbreviations for
high hat and snare and such and to write them as if they were music with the
values, but where do I put them since they will be resting through out most of
the piece. Do I have to use the voiceOne voiceTwo etc etc to do this and just
make sure I aline everything so I don't have misaligned measures? lol!

Take care and be blessed.