Hi all,

it seems to be decided that we're moving the blog to our website (i.e.
to be hosted on lilypond.org), and we're doing it asap, because as
Paul said:

2013/6/4 Paul Morris <p...@paulwmorris.com>:
> people will link to it, and the longer you wait to move it,
> the more broken links you create

So,

2013/6/4 Paul Morris <p...@paulwmorris.com>:
> If you have questions about WordPress or need advice or help with it, I have
> set up and administered a handful of sites with it.  (i.e. not on
> wordpress.com...)

Great!  I definitely need help&advice - i don't have time to figure
out details on my own :(

As i see it, there are a few decisions we have to make:
1) are we going to use WordPress or something else, for example Mezzaine:

2013/6/3 Federico Bruni <fedel...@gmail.com>:
> Another option could be Mezzanine, a CMS based on Django which has many
> built-in features (including blogging).
> Considering that many lilypond developers know python, it could be a wise
> choice in case we need to hack on it.
> Mezzanine has some scripts to import from other CMS (Wordpress included):
> http://mezzanine.jupo.org/docs/blog-importing.html

?
(my vote is with Wordpress, but i really have no experience apart from
last few days)

2) what the precise address/location should be?  Paul suggests:

2013/6/4 Paul Morris <p...@paulwmorris.com>:
> Ideally it could be at www.lilypond.org/blog/ on the lilypond.org domain and
> to some extent integrated into the main LilyPond website.  (i.e. make it
> easy to navigate back and forth between the two sites seamlessly)

(another option could probably be blog.lilypond.org, but i have no
idea whether that's a purely cosmetical choice or has some
implications.)

As for the integration, i think that the blog should be accessible as
an item in the top menubar (I.e. next to Introduction, Manuals,
Download and Community).

If we go for WordPress, Jacques Menu showed a starting point.
Jacques, i count on your help as well! :)  There is no way i could do
this alone.

2013/6/3 Jacques Menu <jacques.m...@tvtmail.ch>:
> Hello,
>
> I've switched from CMS Made Simple (lives up to its name) to WordPress for
> its power and rich set of plugins.
>
> Using 3.5.1 and a child of the new twentytwelve template makes browsing on
> phones and templates much more practical (you can check  with
> http://gioiacantar.ch).
>
> You'll need:
>         - write FTP access to the folder hosting the site;
>         - a dedicated MySQL database;
>         - PHP activated;
>         - ability to run cron tasks.
>
> Installing WordPress is a one click operation. Don't forget to remove
> install.php and readme.html for security when it's done.
>
> To backup the site, export the database structure and data, which is easily
> done with cron, and rsync the folder contents elsewhere.

Please discuss!

Janek