Hi Mark,

Pretty much everything can be tweaked in Lilypond, so I'm sure the shape of
\laissezVibrer can be made longer. For versions 2.16 and 2.17, section 5.5.4 of
the respective manual should help you further (I would expect the syntax in
those two versions not to be identical, however, so mind the version of your LP
version).

This is unfortunately nothing I can give you more hints - I've always been
delighted with Lilypond's default output and have never ever used any \tweak or
\shape command ... But I'm sure someone else on the list can help you with
that. Actually, \shape seems to be the command of your choice, and it looks
rather intuitive.

Best,
Robert

-