On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 8:04 AM, David Kastrup <d...@gnu.org> wrote:

> The links do no harm.  If at any point of time file size is a problem
> for any given person, he can reduce it himself.

I have a problem with this statement. If they do no harm, why then does the
Usage file say:

*"Note:* You should always turn off point and click in any LilyPond files
to be distributed to avoid including path information about your computer
in the .pdf file, which can pose a security risk"

And this is in the Usage file! So what we have is a significant portion
(whether it's a majority or not) who are exposing themselves to a potential
security risk, and don't even know it, because after all, does an average
user who isn't doing something outside a typical piece of sheet music read
the usage file? And I had to specifically search for this reference to dig
it out, knowing it was there.

I understand how the links can be useful in a limited set of circumstances,
but I would tend to think that the default would be to turn them off, if
it's significant enough that the documentation says "should always."