On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 11:35 PM, Carl Peterson <carlopeter...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 11:28 PM, Mark Stephen Mrotek <carsonm...@ca.rr.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hello:****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> A partial measure contains 1 and 1/16 beat. How is that notated in the
>> command “\partial?”****
>>
>> **
>>

> Try \partial 16*17
>
> *sigh*. Disregard my nonsense. I was thinking of something else. You're
probably going to have to look at tweaking the time administration
properties to trigger a bar when you want it. See
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/special-rhythmic-concerns#time-administration.
There might be a more direct way, but that's what comes to mind now that
I've actually thought about it. Cadenza might also work here.

Basically, declare a partial measure (\partial 4), then before you get to
the end of the quarter note anacrusis, tell LilyPond to back up the measure
position a 16th note using the commands in the linked section.

Cheers,
Carl