Hello list,

I tried to enhance the definition found in

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-09/msg00416.html

which works pretty well for staves, but not for PianoStaff contexts.
The size of the second PianoStaff.instrumentName is unchanged, but it
should be much smaller.

Can anybody explain to me what's wrong with my definition?

Thanks in advance,

Marc
\version "2.17.25"

staffSize = #(define-music-function (parser location new-size) (number?)
#{
  \set Staff.fontSize = #new-size
  \set PianoStaff.fontSize = #new-size
  \override Staff.StaffSymbol #'staff-space = #(magstep new-size)
  \override Staff.StaffSymbol #'thickness = #(magstep new-size)
#})

\score {
  <<
    \new Staff \with