by
Vincenzo Vannini

A Practical Method
of
Italian Singing
by
N(icola) Vaccai

Translated
(with special regard to a favorable arrangement of syllables)
by
Henry Badger

Boston
Geo. D. Russel
Copyright 1878

There is an articulation symbol used that I cannot find in Lilypond's
documentation. It is the same symbol as the marcato, except upside down. I
have no idea what it is. I thought perhaps to take the Marcato symbol and
simply rotate it 180-degrees. But alas I have been unsuccessful at
ferreting out exactly the required directives to make this happen. I tried:

<quote>

\once \override TextScript #'rotation = #'(180 -1 0)
</quote>

But that does not do anything.

So, two questions.

1. Does anyone actually know what this symbol is? Again, looks like a
Marcato except rotated 180-degrees.
2. How might I rotate Lilypond's Marcato symbol?

Thanks in advance.

Guy Stalnaker
jimmyg...@gmail.com