Curt wrote:
On Dec 2, 2013, at 2:11 PM, PMA<peterarmstr...@aya.yale.edu>  wrote:
...All my scores are made via LP.
But each LP input file is made by a program I've written either in J
(descendant superset of APL) or in good old BASH -- roughly as
far apart as programming languages get.

Ha - I'd love to hear more about this.  What kind of work are you doing
that involves using J in this manner?
Curt

I program in J almost exclusively, since the pursuit of my brainstorms
(music-bound or not) tends to favor handy ad-hoc number crunching.
That is J's "manner".  Using it for music, I make .ly the output format,
as anyone might from whatever preferred language.  So, except as a
free-floating take on J, I'm not sure where the "Ha" comes in.

Pete