On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 10:33 AM, Urs Liska <u...@openlilylib.org> wrote:

> <...SNIPSNAP...>
>> notation is less complex for the player, but not being a pianist, i'm
>> not sure if it would be considered the "correct" way to do it. if not,
>> i'm open to suggestions on how better to notate this section. i haven't
>> consulted gould on the matter yet, but will do so this evening.
>>

> As a pianist I'd say this notation is perfectly clear. I'm even quite sure
> that it's a very common notation for such distributed repetitions (but I
> don't have my scores at home, so I can't check). But maybe looking at some
> IMSLP scores of Liszt studies might be even better than looking up Gould ;-)

that was a good tip -- turned up the amazing cross-staff beams attached...
:D (i'll have to try this with lilypond...).

I would say LilyPond should handle this automatically, so I'd vote for
>> "bug".

mark knoop just confirmed this has already been discussed on the -devel
list.

regards,
sb

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of trombonists, for they are subtle and quick
to anger.