Hi Marten,

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 5:12 PM, Marten Visser <msvis...@planet.nl> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> When transposing a score, how can I make sure that custom slurs will also
> get transposed? Is there any way to read out how much the notes in the
> score have moved up/down, so that I can use that as a variable in the
> custom slur definition?
>
> Please see the example below how a custom slur becomes ugly when
> transposing from c to e.

Instead of directly overriding control-points, you could use \shape. which
offsets the control points from where they are in the default slur LilyPond
would draw.  This is documented here:

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/notation/modifying-shapes

Note that this documentation is for a later version than you're using.  The
syntax for 2.16 was different, and didn't allow for tweaks.

This should work for you:

\version "2.16.2"

 myMusic = {

  \shape #'((0 . 0.25) (1.5 . 1) (0 . 1) (0 . 0.5)) Slur

  bes8.[( c32 bes] as2.)

}

 \relative c'' {

  \key c \minor

  \myMusic

}

 \transpose c e {

  \relative c'' {

    \key c \minor

    \myMusic

%%%%

P.S,  Did you mean to place \transpose where you did and keep the same key
signature?

--David